Sunday, November 10, 2013

Marlee is ONE!

I love to plan parties! Every year I look forward to having friends over for a Christmas or New Years party and again for the fourth of July. Because of our year with Marlee, we were not able to have either party. I was disappointed, but that just meant that I could spend lots of time thinking about my girl's big day!  She will not remember her first birthday, but after the year Marlee has had, she needed to be celebrated! Not to mention, it was much more fun to think about her party than the surgery coming two days later. It was the perfect distraction that called for lots of crafting and many trips to Hobby Lobby with my mom and my girl! 

Marlee has affectionately been known as "Marlee Bug" since she was a ladybug last Halloween. So naturally, the theme of her first birthday party was "Cute as a Bug." 


I was so excited to find these cute invitations!



The party was at my parents house, so I spent much of the week decorating at their house. I went over again Saturday morning while Greg made sure Marlee had a good nap! He brought her over at party time!

Here are some pictures of the decorations inside my parent's house. 










It was perfect day to crawl through the"Caterpillar Crawl", jump in with the "Rollie Pollies" or "Say Bees" at the photo booth!




























For lunch we had P"bee" & J sandwiches shaped like butterflies, Caterpillar Kabobs (fruit kabobs), Veggies "From the Garden", "Bug Bites" (chick-fil-a nuggets), "Snail Shells" (tortilla roll-ups), Hot ham and cheese sandwiches (they had a cute name but I can't remember it), and we "dug in" to some Captain Rodney's Dip.




Marlee also enjoyed some sweet potatoes :). 





Then it was time for dessert! Cake, cupcakes, cookies, and brownies!








She was very excited to see her cake and really wanted the candle!



We sang "Happy Birthday" and even blew bubbles while we sang!



She loved the cake and ate it like a true lady!





She wanted nothing to do with the birthday hat that took me weeks to make!






One of my favorite memories of the party is Marlee sitting in her rocking chair as we opened presents.  I never dreamed she would stay in one place for so long, but she did!















It was a wonderful day! Marlee had such a great time celebrating with all of her friends and family!










Happy 1st Birthday Marlee Bug! We love you!



And thanks to my Uncle Tim for taking all of these pictures...and many more!! He also made her one year video that I would love to share when I figure out how to put it on the blog :).

No comments:

Post a Comment