Monday, February 17, 2014

Love is in the air!

We love Valentine's day around here! Well, let me rephrase that...I love Valentine's day and am training Marlee to love it too! Red and pink, hearts, flowers, chocolate - you don't get much better than that. Since I love all things girly and Marlee is sure to follow in my footsteps ;), we, naturally, love this holiday! I should mention that my birthday is the day after Valentine's day, so growing up with heart filled birthday parties also has a little (or a lot) to do with my love of February.

My 11th birthday party!


This year our Valentine festivities began on Thursday, the 13th. I keep my nephew on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays, so we had a Valentine's  party with Marlee's first true Valentine, her cousin, Hunt. I stayed up (entirely too late) the night before making a felt heart garland to hang on the mantle to make things feel a little festive.


We colored, made cards, ate heart cookies, and most importantly, made very cute Valentine hats. 



As you can see, Hunt and Marlee were thrilled with the whole paper plate hat idea! 
These two just do what they're told!


But this face says the party was a success!


The fun continued that night at Greg's parent's home with my first birthday celebration of the year!


The next day Marlee and I planned a Valentine lunch date at Swanky's with our Valentine, but first we had to take a few pictures in her cute Valentine's dress. Because you only have so many chances to wear a V-day dress, pictures are necessary to justify buying the dress! Of course, the garland I stayed up half the night making had to be in the pictures as well!




Then we headed to Swanky's because what says Valentine's day more than tacos and cheese dip?!


After that, we had some special Valentines to deliver!



That night, Greg and I went to see a movie. I'd say popcorn after cheese dip is a great way to spend your Valentine's day!

My littlest Valentine <3


Our weekend continued with lots of birthday fun! At my request, Mom, Elisabeth, Hunt, Marlee, and I spent all day shopping! My birthday gift from Greg was tickets to see Wicked at the Orpheum that Saturday night. We actually had reservations to eat at Mesquite Chophouse first, but they overbooked and, sadly, we had to leave before we ate. So it was a (very) quick dinner at Newks instead. A disappointing start, but the play made up for it! I absolutely loved Wicked, and we had really great seats!




Last, but not least, we celebrated with my family on Sunday.






And THAT is a perfect Valentines/birthday weekend!







No comments:

Post a Comment