Monday, October 27, 2014

Happy Hearing Day!

Tomorrow, we will celebrate Marlee's 1st hearing birthday. This time last year, I was filled with excitement and anxiety as we anticipated the long awaited day! I was unsure of what the day as well as Marlee's life after that day would hold. One thing, though, I did know. October 28th, the day the cochlear implants would be turned on, would be Marlee's miracle day.

It was not long until I realized that the miracle did not end on that day. One year later, I can say that I have witnessed miracles each day since. It is difficult to explain the excitement I feel with every new milestone in Marlee's life. From helping her learn to walk, to watching her respond to noise, to hearing her singing in the back seat of the car. My heart leaps with joy over every accomplishment. No small noise she makes or word she says is taken for granted. I can say with confidence that Marlee is able to do these things because of the Lord's work in her life. Without her miracle of hearing, these things would not be possible.

Some days I watch her in school and think, this just isn't fair. Why is my baby having to work so very hard just to learn to listen and talk? Such an easy task for so many, but for Marlee, it is work. I then pray that the hard work will always remind Marlee that her accomplishments are only a result of the Lord's strength and power working in her life. This is true for all of us, but is so easy to forget. I pray that Marlee will always remember and celebrate her miracle day. Not just to celebrate the miracle but to give thanks to the Giver of those miracles.

This morning in church, the pastor said that "God works in miraculous signs and wonders to get people's attention, so they can respond to the truths of the Word of God." I pray that others will see the truths of God's Word through the miracle He has done and is doing in Marlee's life. This is why I can never stop thanking Him or telling others what He has done. It will never become ordinary that my daughter can hear and speak.

"I remember it all, oh how well I remember, the feeling of hitting the bottom...but this I call to mind and have hope...His mercies are new every morning." Lamentations 3

It is through His mercies that He has brought us to this place. I pray for fresh works and continued miracles in Marlee's life that keep our attention on Him and bring glory to Him alone.


Happy 1st hearing birthday, Marlee! What joy you bring to our lives. May you always see your gift of hearing through cochlear implants, not as a hindrance, but as a blessing from The Lord given to you to bring Him honor through your life. 
Oh, how He loves you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment