Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Happy Hearing Day!

Marlee, 

Today we are celebrating two years of hearing!! It is your hearing birthday! Before you had implants, you could not hear me when I called your name. But two years ago today, your implants were turned on, and you heard me. I was so happy! Now, you hear Mommy and Daddy every time we talk to you. You hear the rain outside and you hear baby Jack when he laughs! You hear yourself when you talk, too! You love to talk and sing all the time! You have learned so much in just two years! 

I am so very proud of you. You work hard in therapy and in school and are such a good listener. I am glad you love school. I hope you always love school just like your mommy. 

You have made such sweet friends at school. You, Olivia, Lewis, Jacob, and Jordyn are a perfect team. You love to hold hands with your friends. You play and learn together everyday. Your face lights up when you are with your friends and when we talk about them at home.

Your teachers are proud of you too! When you first came to school, you could say two words, but now you use five to ten word sentences all the time. That is because you have teachers who love you and love coming to school everyday to teach children to listen, learn, and talk. Sometimes last year, you were shy at school, but not this year! You love to talk to all of your teachers! We talk about them at home too. When you do something special at home, you always say, "I want to show Ms. Holly." 

Sometimes, I still get sad that you are not home with me everyday, but then I am happy because I know you are smiling, learning, and having fun at school. If you did not have implants, we would get to play more at home together. But if you did not have implants, we would not know Ms. Abby,  Ms. Holly, Ms. Katie, or Ms. Elizabeth. We would not know all of your friends at school. They are very special, and I am so glad we get to know them! 

We have so many things to thank Jesus for. We thank him everyday and especially on this very special miracle day. It is a day just for you to remember that Jesus loves you. He loves you so much that he has let you hear many wonderful sounds! He has given you a voice to talk and sing pretty songs. He has given you sweet friends and teachers. 

Marlee, He has FILLED your life with GOOD things! Honor him with a life of joy and gratefulness! 

I love you sweet girl! You are my sunshine!


No comments:

Post a Comment